Sometimes we just have one of those days. You know the days where things just don't seem to go right. All we can do is praise the Lord that we can make it through those days.
Over the weekend I got a membership to 24 Hour Fitness. I decided that it would be great to start attending some of their group classes. I went to a cardio/lift workout at 9:30 this morning. To say the least it was hard and kicked my butt. I was exhausted when I left at 10:30 and couldn't wait to get home! I dropped some clothes off at the dry cleaners, washed clothes and decided to make cupcakes (you see you get really cool kitchen tools and gadgets and you just want to use them).
I decided that I could make 4th of July cupcakes and send some to work with Trent tomorrow. I used my new handheld mixer to mix the batter and then took the beaters off and washed them. Next I was going to put the beaters back on to mix the icing (red, white and blue of course!). I placed one beater in place on the mixer and was trying to push the other one in to place when my hand slipped and turned the mixer on high. My left index finger was caught in the beaters! I couldn't get it out or turn the mixer off. The thought flashed through my head of losing my index finger and that's when I managed to pull the plug. My finger is intact... however it is still very swollen and sore!
Oh... and the cupcakes... delicious.... and very festive!
Holly and I for our birthday's gave each other sunglasses for the honeymoon. I don't really like sunglasses cause I have never found a pair that I liked wearing. But the pair Holly got me I love and I loved wearing them. Well as I was running up the stairs to work I dropped them. When I picked them up and examined them I realized that the right lens was shattered. The only positive about this morning was Holly. If it wasn't for her I would have slept through the whole morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment