On Friday I woke up early and went to change my drivers license. I also put a few things in my car to return to Dillard's. The DMV was next to a mall I thought I could knock out two errands in one trip. The DMV wasn't too bad, I waited 30 minutes for my number (66) to be called. After that I went to the mall. I ran into Dillard's and returned the merchandise (no problems) and decided that I had some time to walk around the mall and familiarize myself with the stores there. As I was walking I saw that Victoria's Secret was having a sale so I ran in and made a purchase. On my way out of the mall I was carrying my bag and a guy who worked at one of the "carts" in the middle of the mall began trying to get my attention. I continued walking trying to ignore him when I realized he was following me. I began to walk faster and told myself to just keep my eyes forward. Then he said really loud, "Hey what did you buy for me in that bag? Show me what you got me." This infuriated me that some guy had the nerve to say this to me! I turned around looked him in the eyes and said, "This is totally inappropriate, I am married," and turned and walked away. I got in my car, called Trent and began to cry. I felt completely violated and harassed. My loving husband told me to come have lunch with him, where he comforted me and made me feel safe.
(Trent) This week it was hard to return to work when all I could think about were those white sandy beaches and that crystal clear ocean water. Either way I spent the last few days at work. But I was looking forward to the weekend cause we had two calves that we didn't get a chance to work. So Kevin (the ranch hand) and I were going to make sure they had their shots and were branded. Friday night Holly and I spent the night at the ranch, and I had plans with Kevin to be up and ready by 7:00 am Saturday. That morning we started by welding the part of the fence the two calves broke to make their escape the first time. Then we trapped the two calves in a 5x5 area that is when we realized we had a problem. The calves were a little. . . . a lot bigger then we expected. They were about 300 to 400 pounds each. Too big for us to throw down and work (that would have been ideal and less painful and stressful for us and the calves). So instead we roped one and were going to tie it standing up and have to watch it's back kicks. The problem was we forgot about the other calf we had trapped and I took a nice kick to the knee (got the hoof print to remember it). Well we got those two calves worked and one of them may have gotten me but she will always have a nice looking 2S brand on her side to remember me by! Like Kevin said it was hard earned experience that I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment