Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dinner Guest

Last night Trent had invited Jordan, a college friend, over for dinner. I was really excited to cook a meal and I wanted everything to be perfect. We decided that I would make chicken fettucine alfredo for dinner because I am very familiar with making it (I didn't want to mess this up).

 However, I woke up yesterday with a migraine and I felt sick to my stomach. I tried to just suck it up and do the laundry, write thank you notes and iron Trent's shirts. As I got out the new ironing board and iron I realized we did not have any starch. So once again I made the trip to the grocery store. When I returned home I realized that I was exhausted and I still had laundry to do! I wanted to make a good impression for Trent so I ironed his shirts and began folding the laundry on the floor in the living room. 

The next thing I knew, I was asleep on the floor with laundry all around me and Trent standing over me laughing. I then burst into tears because I felt so bad that I couldn't get all of the laundry done while he was working hard at work. He took me in his arms and placed me in our bed. He then went into the living room and finished folding the clothes.  Later he came in and turned on a warm shower for me and then went into the kitchen to begin making chicken fettucine alfredo. After my shower I made the salad and brownies. Jordan came over for dinner and we had a wonderful time visiting with him and playing Mario Kart on the Nintendo Wii.

(Trent) On my way home I tried to call Holly and let her know that I was on my home (like everyday after work).  I called twice and she didn't answer I knew she was not feeling too well so I figured she was sick or taking a shower.  When I got home and saw the laundry on the floor and Holly in the middle of it asleep it was one of the cutest things I had ever seen.  As I carried her to bed she started crying and saying "I'm a tired wife" because she didn't finish folding clothes and dinner wasn't started.  I really needed my shirts ironed cause I really didn't have anything to wear to work the next day so I took a peek in the laundry room and my shirts weren't there.  So I asked her where my shirts were, she had ironed them and hung them up on my side of the closet.  We are a definite team and she might think I am working hard and she is not doing anything but sitting in the apartment.  But I am amazed everyday when I get home and she has had a complete day of doing chores that I would be dragging my feet to and she has dinner cooking all this and she greets me with a kiss and a smile.  I feel truly blessed to have her as my wife. 

We were reminded yesterday that marriage requires teamwork. When one of us is down, the other can help pick up the slack. We praise the Lord that we can work together and that we are not alone in this journey called life. 


1 comment:

  1. Love you both... I think you have cooked me this meal many times! I hope it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete