It's amazing how quickly the apartment has filled up and is beginning to feel like a home. When we returned from Turks and Caicos we came to the apartment to find it full of gifts! We took it upon ourselves to take the next day (yesterday) off to begin putting things away, hanging up curtains, setting up the new TV, unpacking clothes, washing clothes, opening a new bank account and grocery shopping.
(Trent) My job was simple enough I would setup the new flat screen HDTV to the cable as well as hang the curtains. The TV was easy enough and after the boost of confidence I decided to tackle the curtains. How is it that such a simple activity as drilling in screws can be so hard. The area above the windows in the kitchen are now pot marked with drill holes from me finding either metal from the blinds to me finding the wood slats behind the dry wall. Three hours later I had made no progress and decided that I needed another tool to help me and I would just have to get that tomorrow. As I sat down feeling dejected that my manhood had taken a hit the chair I had plopped down broke and the chair and I came crashing to the floor. At that point there was nothing left to do expect to join Holly in laughing to keep me from crying! After that I didn't even want to think of curtains for at least 12 hours!
(Holly) After a full day of setting up the kitchen I still wanted to be the "wife" and make dinner for Trent. I had looked up a recipe in a cookbook for turkey tacos and bought all of the groceries to make the tacos earlier at the store. Who knew that finding a place for all of the kitchen appliances would be so hard. (I can't tell you how many times I moved the pots and pans... until I found the most perfect place for them.... where I originally put them!) By 6:00 there were still gadgets, plates and appliances all over the counters and to say the least I did not want to make dinner. I hated to tell Trent that our first evening in our new home would not include a home cooked meal. After I mustered up the courage Trent sweetly told me he wouldn't mind making us waffles. (His aunt and uncle had given us a waffle maker and he had been dying to use it!) We ran back to the store and got some waffle mix which Trent poured ALL of it into a bowl and continued to mix enough of it to feed an army. Before I knew what he was doing, he preceded to pour it into the waffle maker... however he did not realize how quickly it would spread and spread until it spread onto the counter and dripping down the cabinets below. In the moment of chaos we both looked at each other and just laughed... the same thing happened again for the second waffle and third... finally for the fourth I took over.
Thank the Lord for Joy and the gift of laughter in the midst of a long day!
No comments:
Post a Comment