This week we have encountered our first issue in our new home. We noticed it last week... our shower was not draining properly. Slowly the water would stack up around our feet and it would take a long time for it to drain when we got out. Trent mentioned that we needed to contact the maintenance crew but I thought that if we just put some liquid plumber or drain-o down the drain we would probably solve our own problem without waiting. Trent agreed and we followed the directions on the back of the bottle and poured it down the drain... however the problem was not solved. A day or two or three went by.... and the water began to fill the tub every time we took a shower. Finally I began to shower in the other bathroom.... however I guess that I didn't get that memo to Trent who took a shower Thursday evening and the water filled the entire tub and did NOT DRAIN AT ALL! It just sat there... Trent didn't notice... I walked into the bedroom and could feel the humidity in the air and smell the warm water. In a slight panic I asked Trent to please solve the problem. He proceeded into the bathroom and just stared in disbelief at the tub. This kind of bothered me... I needed this problem solved ASAP! I was not going to sleep with a tub full of water in the bathroom... that I could feel and smell.
I immediately ran to the kitchen and returned with large bowls. We filled the bowls with water and poured them into the sink to empty the tub.... 30 minutes later the water was gone. I called the front desk Friday morning and have yet to see the maintenance... to say the least we are showering in the other bathroom.
Reminds me of Freshman year! Love you!
ReplyDelete