This was the first week of school! That means that both Trent's and my life have now jumped into our school time routine. The routine consists of getting up early, taking Rex out, going to work, Trent comes home to let Rex out, I come home after school to take Rex out, we go train for the next triathlon, we eat dinner and get ready for the next day!!
I had a really great first week! However, I've been sick all weekend because I think I completely wore myself out. I went to the doctor today and got two shots and some medicine. My goal is to make it back to school tomorrow. The first couple of weeks are so crucial (especially with kindergarten). There are so many things to be taught such as: how we sit quietly on the carpet, how we ask to go to the bathroom, how we line up, how we walk in a line etc. It is so crucial as the teacher that I am consistent and that I take time to practice. It really will set the tone for my classroom for the entire year.
Trent has been a huge help this week. He has helped me cut things out, glue and arrange my room. Trent even brought Rex up one day while we worked. My classroom is still a work in progress but here are a few pictures. These pictures were taken on Friday, before I cleaned up!

My active board and one of my carpet areas.




your classroom looks amazing!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelooks so great! hope things are slowing down some!!
ReplyDelete