I woke up Sunday morning with the urge to go get a pedicure (I hadn't had one in awhile). I was thinking it would be a great treat before returning to school, Monday, for teacher inservice. I mentioned it to Trent and he said that he would be all for me going that afternoon. I then quickly replied, "Wouldn't it be nice if we did this together?" I had talked him into a pedicure twice in college. (I told him how great it feels when someone rubs your feet and legs.) I also persuaded him this time but explaining how great it would feel after the first two weeks of triathlon training.
It's so fun to watch him get pampered. He enjoys it so much more than he will ever let on. I even let Trent play with a new game on my phone.

Here's me enjoying my pedicure.

Hot pink nail polish to finish out the summer season!

Trent lounging and enjoying his feet being rubbed and scrubbed.

Trent's pedicurist... she's not enjoying this as much as
Trent is.... let's just say she removed lots of dead skin.
Thanks to her Trent now has soft, smooth feet!
Trent's take on the pedicure: I remember the first time Holly talked me into a pedicure. Three of my toenails had fallen off. Therefore I really didn't have an excuse not to go and more reason for Holly to get me to go. The second time I went was for the fact that I really enjoyed the first pedicure. Afterwards I hadn't really thought about it again. But this Sunday Holly wanted a pedicure and thought this would be great for me to relax at the apartment. Somehow she came up with the idea that someone rubbing my feet and calves would be perfect after these past two weeks of training. That reasoning seemed to make sense to me so I decided to go. The only thing I felt bad about is the poor girl who actually had to give me the pedicure.
Over all this was a great, relaxing way to wrap up my summer.
P.S. Check out the side of the blog for an update on Rex!
No comments:
Post a Comment