Monday, September 6, 2010

What a Weekend!

Happy Labor Day!! I don't know about you, but Trent and I were really looking forward to this weekend! Where to begin... As most of you know I was pretty sick this last week. On Wednesday I got a surprise at school. One of the ladies who works in the office brought in some of my favorite flowers while I was in the middle of the math lesson. I was so excited and when I read the card it made me smile. Trent had sent them to make me feel better while he couldn't be there taking care of me! So sweet (not to mention major brownie points!!).

The flowers :)

On Friday one of my best friends from college got engaged!! I knew that it was happening and had been planning for weeks to go up to Norman to celebrate. Trent and I got up early on Saturday and dropped Rex off at my mom's house. Then we headed to Norman, OK. When we got there I told Trent we needed to immediately stop at the snow cone stand! I have missed getting snow cones during the hot days of summer and I had been craving a "spiderman."

Spiderman Snow Cone!!

Trent with his "Issac" snow cone!!

After our snow cones we headed over to see Trent's brother, Andrew. Then we went over to Andrew's fiance's uncle's house for lunch. It was so great to meet Taylor's family and spend time with both Andrew and Taylor. After that we headed to my friend Mekele's family tailgate. This is always something I love doing before OU football games. There I got to visit with Mekele, Lindsey (who just got engaged!!), Mekele's boyfriend Jack and Lindsey's fiance Jimmy. It was so great catching up! We are now planning our next gathering for this fall!!

Me, Mekele & Lindsey at the tailgate!


Trent and I went to the game and sat in the student section for old times sake! It's really bittersweet going back because it makes you realize how much you miss college. On the other hand, it brings back so many fun memories! After half of the game we drove back to Dallas, picked up Rex and went home. We got up Sunday, went to church and then headed out to the ranch. Trent was pumped because dove season just began... he just couldn't resist not hunting!


We met Trent's parents and his aunt and uncle at the ranch. We had a great home cooked meal and enjoyed being with great company.


Today, Monday, we headed back to Dallas. Rex really enjoyed his first trip to the ranch. He loved chasing down crickets and grasshoppers! He would smash them with his paws and then eat them!! He has been exhausted all day from his special weekend with my mom (and her dog maverick) and his trip to the ranch.

Overall this weekend has been a blast!! We loved seeing so many people we care about and meeting new friends! However, we are not looking forward to the week beginning tomorrow... we could use some rest!!

(Trent) What a great weekend!! To go to OU's opening weekend (they need to get some stuff figured out before next weekend), and dove season opening weekend (for as little as we saw I almost got my limit totaled 10 dove) it doesn't get much better. I had a blast this weekend but I would like to give a shout out to one of my good friends Jon Strickler who got married this weekend in Durango, CO. I wish I could have been there for Jon on this awesome weekend for him. Even though I am extremely bummed I couldn't make it to his wedding this was a great replacement.

1 comment: