Monday, September 20, 2010

What's Cook'n?

Okay... so I know we aren't ones for putting up recipes and showing our food... but lately we are trying new things for dinner. It's really hard cooking for two people and it's really hard to come up with new things to eat. Chicken and rice gets really old after a couple of weeks!

Every Sunday (before we go to the grocery store)Trent and I pull out the Southern Living magazine and pick out new things to try (I absolutely love Southern Living and hope one day I could have my house featured in it lol, cheesy I know!!). We have tried salmon croquettes, homemade pizza, mint/ brownie/ ice cream pie, burritos in a skillet and black beans and rice. It's all been amazing and very simple to make!

I think with fall weather coming right around the corner (hopefully!), we have been in the mood for "fall food. " Therefore, we tried black beans and rice. The first words Trent said was, "this is like chilly!" It was like chilly except with a Mexican flare. Anyhow, I must brag that we are having outstanding dinners, thanks to Southern Living.



A simple salad,

black beans and rice...

a perfect dinner!!

*If you don't get Southern Living, or you want more recipes check out their website! You can click here.

1 comment: