(Holly) The summer is quickly coming to an end (I can't believe it) and I am becoming nervous about finding an elementary teaching job. I have been patient all summer waiting for something to come up. Talk about bad timing with the economy... there are not many positions open. The verse Jeremiah 29:11 keeps ringing in my head, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future." I know there is a job out there and there is no doubt or question in my mind, I am supposed to be a teacher. This week will be a big week for me. The Fort Worth principals go back to school tomorrow (Monday) and they will begin to hire teachers to fill open positions. I have been told there are only about 12 elementary openings in Fort Worth ISD... that's not very many. However, I am still clinging to the Lord's promise of a good future and with that hope I know that there is a job out there for me. I'll be sure to keep you posted!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Fun in the Sand
Holly and I along with our friends Megan and Slone Starkey have been playing sand volleyball on the weekends. There is a great park in Arlington with four sand volleyball courts and a water park. The water park is perfect for Slone and me (we don't mind diving in the sand, but Holly does mind us tracking that sand in her car) after we get done playing we go splashing around the water park cooling off and getting the sand off as well. Where I lack in technique I definitely make up in pure talent, if I may say so myself! We usually play 4 against 4 and as a team we have some growing pains to get through but we are having a lot of fun. Recently Holly has been giving me proper instruction on passing, setting, and of course spiking. So now where I was lacking in technique I am quickly becoming sufficient with my technique and talent combined I am one elite sand volleyball player on the Arlington courts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment