Monday, January 2, 2012

It's A....


I finally got to have that exciting and most anticipated doctor's appointment... you know, the one where you learn if your baby is a girl or boy.

A little history: I have always wanted to be a mom. When I was in kindergarten we had career day. Most students dressed up as firemen, business workers, policemen, teachers, doctors etc. Me? I told my mom that I wanted to be a mommy. While this was extremely flattering that I wanted to be like my mom, she was kind of concerned that maybe I didn't have any ambition to have a career first. She tried to talk me out of being a mommy for career day, but she had no such luck. On career day I brought my purse and my baby doll to school. For those of you who used to come to my house and play you know that whenever we would play house I always played with a boy baby doll.

A baby boy would be very fitting for me, given the fact that I loved playing with boy baby dolls, however the thought of a baby girl sounded fun. A baby girl would mean the first in the Simmons family (the Simmons family is predominately all boys)!

Trent and I went to the doctor's office and had a sonogram. During the sonogram the baby was very active. The baby even responded by shaking it's finger at us when the technician began pushing around trying to get the baby to move. Trent quickly informed the technician that we did not want to know the sex of the baby because we were planning a reveal party that evening. She very carefully gave us the sonogram pictures that did not tell the sex and put the other pictures that revealed the sex in an envelope.


Trent and I took the sealed envelope to Jackie Spratt, the local baker who made our wedding cakes. Trent and I love Jackie Spratt cakes!!! They are absolutely delicious! She made a cake and was to ice the inside layer blue if we were having a boy or pink if we were having a girl. That evening we had our family and some close friends over to join in the surprise!


Here is the invitation we sent to our guests.  As you know, we have been referencing our baby as peanut. Therefore we went with an elephant and peanut theme.



Elephant Onesies, boy or girl?!?!



The cake that would reveal the surprise!


  
Peanuts for decorations.
 
Peanut's First Pictures!

 
A few of our guests ready to cut the cake!!


Trent and I getting ready to cut the cake and find out if we would have a son or a daughter!


BLUE!! It's a BOY!!


Finally we were able to look at the sonogram!

We are so excited!

Of course, Peanuts & Peanut M&M's for our guests!


This was a fun evening and one we will never forget!  We are thrilled to meet our son in May! Thank you to my sweet friend Ashley for taking all the pictures! I promise one day to return the favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment