Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Hero

This pregnancy has not been a cake walk. I have had it all: morning sickness (or all day sickness as I like to call it), headaches, dizziness, dehydration and I even passed out in the middle of Church one Sunday. Feeling sick has really been a challenge for me. I'm not one to get sick. Last year I only took one sick day from teaching because I got pink eye. I think the hardest thing about pregnancy sickness is that you can't will yourself to feel better. You can try to tell yourself that today will be the day you feel great, but for some reason it never seems to work. Feeling sick has not only been physically challenging, but also mentally challenging. How can you be excited about a baby when a baby growing inside of you is making you feel terrible? Luckily, the sick feelings are slowly fading and the excitement of our baby is increasing by the day!

Getting through the past few weeks (probably more like 10 weeks of feeling sick) has been rough. However, there was one thing that got me through it. The one thing (or I should say person) has been Trent. I have known for a long time how thoughtful and caring Trent is, but the past weeks have proven that Trent passionately cares for me and loves me. I have been coming home from teaching kindergarten exhausted and feeling terrible! Being around 5 year olds all day is exhausting in and of itself, but being pregnant and being around 5 year olds is a whole new ball game! I would call Trent and let him know that I would be on my way home. He would quickly reply with, "okay, I'll start dinner." This has been a huge help because being around food, smelling food and thinking about food has not been on the top of my favorite things to do list. When I would walk in the door Trent would be in the kitchen cooking up a storm and he would instruct me to just relax on the sofa until it is time to eat. Not only would Trent make dinner, but when he gracefully accept my lack of appetite. The smell of food would sometimes make me feel sick. When this would happen he would just take my plate away and say, "It's okay, I'll get you something else."

Trent has not only cooked for me, but he has done numerous other things to make me feel comfortable. Here are a few things he has done for me:

1. Cooked Dinner (night after night)
2. Folded Laundry
3. Goes to bed early (these days I'm ready for bed by 8:30, he turns out his reading lamp or switches the T.V. off without an argument and pretends to go to sleep)
4. Gone to the grocery store and got everything on our list!
5. Brought food upstairs to me when I'm in bed resting
6. Brought me food at school when I forgot my lunch
7. Cleaned the House
8. Cleaned out my closet (with my help of course!)
9. Taken Rex out for walks so that he will sleep well when we go to bed early
10. Listened to me complain about how sick I feel
11. Watched me be sick and without a comment rubbed my back/ Carried me out of church after fainting
12. Gone to the doctor appointments with me

Trent is truly my hero. I know women are always saying how great their husbands are, and I don't doubt it. However, I think Trent is really the greatest. I wouldn't have made it to 16 weeks without him. I know that even though we were not planning on having a baby at this point in our lives, we will be just fine because Trent and I can take care of each other. We can definitely handle a baby together.

Thank you, Trent for all of your support and love the past few weeks, you will never know how much it has meant to me! I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment