Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our New Castle

Trent and I have officially lived in our new house for the past 9 days! We moved in over Memorial Day weekend and have been trying to get organized ever since. I had school 3 days after Memorial Day and then Trent and I headed out to Wichita Falls for Andrew's (Trent's younger brother) wedding, on Friday morning. Therefore it's been a crazy first week! Here are a few pictures of things we are excited about in our new house. We will post more pictures from our home as soon as we have some more time to organize!

One of the best thing about setting up the kitchen was getting to move all of my China over from my mom's house. She had been storing it for me since we did not have room in our apartment. I now cannot wait to have a party and use all of my beautiful Kate Spade china!!

Not only did I get to move all of the china into our new house, I also got to move in all of my silver and crystal!! 

While I was inside unpacking boxes, Trent and his dad we outside building a fence to keep Rex in the yard. They worked for days in the heat and our fence is great! Rex is also very thankful that he can now go outside without being on a leash at all times!

The sellers decided that they were going to leave us their basketball goal. This thrilled both Trent and me!! My mom bought us a new ball and we had been dying to go out and shoot some hoops. One evening we went out and started playing..... after Trent finally made his first shot tons of wasps flew out of the goal... I guess we are going to be buying some spray before we get to play again.

A few weeks ago my mom and I went to the Junior League Rummage Sale. There I bought a patio table and chairs. Currently Trent and I have been using this to eat dinner at night. We do not have a breakfast table yet!

Before Trent and I got married we bought a new washer and dryer. We thought this was a great idea until we moved into two apartments with washers and dryers. Trent's parents graciously let us store our washer and dryer in their garage for the past 2 years. We have been more than excited to finally use our own washer and dryer!

When you move into your own house you start to realize that there are things that you need.
 One of those things being a refrigerator!

Trent loves to tell people that we are completely unpacked... however, our living room is still storing a few boxes and clothes. We are slowly getting settled in, but we are not anywhere to being completely settled. I am really looking forward to working on the house the summer!
Trent and I may not be completely settled in, however Rex has made himself at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment