Sunday, June 12, 2011

Exploring

Yesterday was a very productive Saturday! Our day began at 4:30 am. We woke up and headed out to Joe Pool Lake to compete in a super sprint triathlon. This race was extremely short (400 meter swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run), it was pretty much just a workout for us. We both finished well and we both enjoyed the morning workout.

On our drive back home we drove past our community's farmers market. Every Saturday morning from 8-12 the farmers market is open. I had heard things about the farmers market but I had never been. When we drove past there were tons of people walking around the market. I told Trent we needed to go check it out.
The Market

I was pleasantly surprised with all of the venders! They come from all around the metroplex from places such as Greenville and Argyle. There was everything from fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, meat, milk, honey, bread, herbs, spices and more. Here are a few things that we bought:

Whole Milk
Free Range Eggs
Fresh, Grain Fed Meat- We bought Chicken.

Fresh lettuce, peaches, blueberries,  potatoes & tomatoes (not pictured).

How cool is it that we have a local farmers market?!? After we left the farmers market, we drove past a local garden shop. They always have tons of flowers and plants outside. When we drove by I was reminded of one of my favorite wedding gifts. The gift  was a G.Wolff and Co. flower pot. Trent's uncle and aunt (who are also referenced as Trent's God- Pappy and God- Mammy) gave to us. I am so excited to finally have a front porch to display the cute pot!! When I saw the shop I knew I had to go back and get some flowers to put in the pot.

Our beautiful front porch flowers and pot!
An Update on Rex:
Rex loves being in our presence. However, he does not know what to do if one of us is upstairs and the other is downstairs.... he now has a plan. He sits on the landing of the stairs until one of us moves to where the other one is. Such a sweet puppy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment