As most of you know, I work at a heavily Hispanic populated school. I absolutely love my school, my students and the families! I also love the culture I experience on a daily basis. Even though my school is in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, sometimes it seems like I am in a whole other city! One of my favorite days of the year is the annual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
The party is held outside with Mexican food, live music and even the high school Hispanic dance team. Each grade level is in charge of games or activities. This year there were pinatas, tattoos, bounce houses, pan dulce walk (like a cake walk but with Mexican sweet bread) and other games. Many families come out for this evening of fun! It's so great to see my students out of their uniforms, enjoying time with their families and friends. Overall it's just a fun evening for all!

No comments:
Post a Comment