Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Snowmageddon

Since we missed a few months, I thought we would blog on a few major events that occurred during that time. We will begin with 'Snowmageddon,' the huge snow/ice storm that came through North Texas the beginning of February. I drew some pictures (can't you tell I teach kindergarten) to help explain our emotional roller coaster.

Let me begin by explaining that I try to not listen to the news about upcoming snow. I cannot tell you how many times during my childhood I heard there was a chance of no school and then I would be woken up by my dad early the next morning to find out it didn't snow at all. It was the biggest disappointment every time! I had heard through the grapevine that a storm was heading our way, but of course I didn't really pay much attention to it. I woke up Tuesday morning to a phone call from my school district telling me not to come into school. I was okay with this decision, teachers love days out of school as much as students (if not more!). Trent's phone rang a few minutes later and his boss told him not to come into work either. We watched movies, played games and just hung out all day.


Wednesday, we both got the morning phone call with the same message as the day before. We were happy, but were starting to slightly feel the cabin fever. Trent made his way across the street to hang out with a friend. Meanwhile I cleaned the apartment and did a bike workout on the trainer. I was disappointed to miss a second day because I knew what that meant, we would not get Good Friday off. However, I made the most out of that day. That evening I got the phone call that there would be no school on Thursday.... great.



Thursday morning Trent got up and actually went to work. I was stuck at home.... so, I decided to clean.... again. I also started a new book and played with Rex. By the time Trent came home I was about to go crazy. Being inside for 3 straight days is extremely boring and the cabin fever had definitely set in. Thursday night I got "The Call...." no school Friday. Thursday night the weather conditions got worse because it snowed.


Friday morning, Trent got a call that his office would not be open. At this point I would have paid anything to get out of the apartment. I convinced Trent that we could make it 3 miles to go out to eat lunch. I knew if we got stuck it would be worth getting to leave the apartment.



Trent and I sure were glad on Saturday when everything melted away. I can't remember exactly what we did, but I can guarantee you we did not stay at home!

Rex obviously loved his first snow!!
All he wanted to do was run, jump and run some more!

The next picture is from Saturday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment