Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friends, Fun & Beer

This weekend my freshman college roommate and her boyfriend came up to Dallas from Houston. It has been a few months since the last time I saw McKenna, and every time I see her it reminds me how much I miss her!

On Saturday we woke up to a cloudy, foggy, wet day. This kind of threw a wrench into the plans Trent and I had come up with. McKenna's boyfriend, Tommy, is really fascinated with beer and breweries (in fact, he hopes to open a brewery one day). He had mentioned a place in Fort Worth called Rahr's Brewery. Trent looked up the brewery and found out it opened at 1:00 for tastings and a tour. This ended up being a perfect way to spend a wet Saturday afternoon.

Outside the brewery

A few flavors

Beer

Me & Trent

McKenna & Tommy

McKenna & Me

I would recommend to anyone to go try out Rahr and Son's Brewery. It was a fun and cheap experience. For $7 you get a free glass and 3 tickets for beer. They also have live music to listen to while enjoying a beer.

All in all it was a great day! Thanks McKenna and Tommy for coming in town, we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment