Over the past couple of weeks Trent and I have had some fun travels around Dallas. Here is a short recap of where we have been.
Three weeks ago we visited the State Fair of Texas. We made plans with our good friends the Collins to take the trip downtown to the fair. They had never been before and we were really excited to show them what the Texas Fair is all about. We caught the DART train after work and headed out to Fair Park. Once we got there we rushed to the Fletcher's Corn Dog stand! Then we made it our goal to taste all of the fried foods that had won awards. We ate corn dogs, fried guacamole, fried pickles, fried frito pie, funnel cake.... but our favorite was the fried s'mores!! It was wonderful!! We also made a visit to see the animals!

Corn Dogs!!

Trent and Logan talking about something important on the DART train
on our way home from the fair.
Last Friday Trent texted me while I was at school asking if I wanted to go to the Dallas Mavericks' basketball game.... It had been a long day at school because we had gone on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. I wasn't sold on going until Trent happened to mention the tickets were on the floor. How could you turn that down?!!? It was a blast! I've been to many games but when you are sitting that close and see how big those players actually are, it's unbelievable!
Trent, Me, Megan & Slone at the game.
We were so excited to share this experience with Slone (a huge basketball fan).
We finally got Rex's last puppy shots this week! We decided that we needed to celebrate by taking him to the dog park (since he could now go since he had all his shots). We made 3 trips to the dog park over the weekend and Rex loves going! He is very active with not only the dogs but also the people. He loves going up to people and getting them to pet him! I must say, he is the talk of the park when we go. I think people are totally blown away with seeing a puppy great dane! They think he is so good looking and it makes Trent and me so proud when we walk out.

He was having too much fun to stop and have his picture taken!

This is Rex in the car. We did not pose him in this position, he did this on his own! He looks like a little man! This is by far my favorite picture of Rex... so far. I showed this picture to my students and they just giggled and giggled. They thought it was so funny too!
No comments:
Post a Comment