Saturday, May 29, 2010

End of Year Kindergarten Project

One more week of school (well actually 3 half days of school!)!!!!!!! I can't wait for summer. The past week has been tough. All 34 of my kindergarten students are ready to be done, but not as much as I am ready! This week we have been doing lots of playing with Legos, Mr. Potato Heads, blocks and puzzles. My students keep asking me if we can do work... which I don't understand!
I had been talking last week with the other teachers about doing an end of the year project. I decided on having the students paint canvases (on sale from Hobby Lobby) and I would place a class picture on the back on the canvas that I had taken on our filed trip. I want it to be a keepsake that they will be proud of. I called the students over one by one and we would talk about their art plan and I would help them make their plan happen. It was a blast and the kids are so excited about their work!! They told me, "Mrs. Simmons, can you please hang these in the hall?!?!" While other teachers are taking down work in the hall, I was putting more up! They are precious and I sure am going to miss them :)


All 17 pieces of art made by my homeroom class.


This picture is kind of fuzzy, but I love the snake picture!


These are some of my favorite!



I think the soccer ball turned out awesome!
We used a bucket to get a perfect circle.
Oh, and don't forget the shark!

1 comment: