Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Triathlon

Today Trent competed in his first triathlon!!!! This race was considered a "sprint" (300 meter swim, 12 mile bike and a 5K run). There were over 750 racers of all shapes and sizes. The morning began at 5 am when Trent woke up and got all his gear together and drove to Keller TX. I went back to sleep and left home at 6:55 am :) Trent did awesome! This might sound kind of cheesy... but I was overcome with so much pride watching him race. I almost felt like I was racing with him!
I was joined by his parents, my mom, his brother and his fiance. We moved around in order to watch Trent swim, bike and run! Trent met his goal and finished in a little over an hour. He finished 122 out of over 750 (which is awesome)! I'll try to post a picture soon!
When he finished he said he couldn't wait to sign up for another in May! Who knows... maybe one day I'll join him :)

2 comments:

  1. Holly,
    Here is a link to a post on another site that I would like you to comment
    Question: Is this a good learning tool for pre-schoolers?
    Link:http://laughingsquid.com/a-2-5-year-old-uses-an-ipad-for-the-first-time/
    George Sculley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting idea! I'm all for using technology with young children. We live in a world where technology is key and I think it's important for them to not be afraid of it!! Obviously the young child liked it, most children do love technology. I think if you get some good apps (like the cat one the dad had) it's no different then an educational computer game.
    However, I must caution if you use it with your children, it's important to make sure the things on the ipad are appropriate for a child to see. Also, I think using technology to learn is important to use in moderation. We don't need anymore children who sit in front of the TV or computer all day.

    ReplyDelete