Monday, February 15, 2010
Valentine's Weekend
(Trent)- So this weekend was Valentine's weekend, and it being our first Valentine's as a married couple I wanted to make this special. The weekend was relaxing we did what we do most weekends; clean the apartment, as well as watch the olympics. Come Sunday and Monday I was going to unleash the magic! After church we came back home to watch more of the Winter Olympics. I escaped from the Olympics to get Holly some roses, I had already gotten her a card earlier, but I decided to get her roses till the last minute cause I had no where to put them and I didn't trust a delivery person to get them here when I wanted. So as I came back Holly was getting ready for dinner. I decided to get us reservations at a restaurant in Southlake, TX a Pizza wine bar. I gave her her flowers, card, and a package of Swedish fish! We got to the restaurant thanks to Holly's iphone. We ordered a bottle of wine had some calamari and a huge pizza! Our waitress was great very nice and cordial and since I was in a great mood (a bottle of wine will do that) I decided to give her a great tip. As we got to our car she even ran after us cause we left a few slices of pizza in a to go box at our table. So I was really feeling great about the excellent tip that I gave her until (I guess the wine was wearing off) I started thinking about the check total and then how much I left for a tip. I asked Holly and we realized I didn't even leave 10% of the check! I couldn't believe it! Lesson learned after 2 or more glasses or wine you must take your time when reading the dinner check and leaving a tip!! I guess we received our pay back because around 2:30 am we both woke up completely full and not feeling too well. After watching a few shows of Planet Earth we fell back asleep around 4:00 am. But Monday I was going to make up for Sunday. I had already planned for us to have massages and that was exactly what we needed. While I wouldn't call our Valentine's weekend a disaster it was definitely memorable and something we won't forget in our marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment