I've also started my new job teaching first grade. I absolutely love it and I am getting into the swing of things. My students love asking me questions about myself! They will ask my questions about my favorite color crayon or what my husband looks like, but lately they have been curious about my age. Everyday I get, "Mrs. Simmons, how old are you?" When I was younger my parents told me that it was inappropriate for me to ask the age of an adult. I guess my students have never been taught that! Since I am young I don't mind answering the question but it's fun to have them guess my age. One student asked me if I was 85... I was slightly offended by this because I am so far from 85 years old!!! My reply was do I look like a grandmother (no offense to our amazing grandparents who read this!)? The way children's minds work amazes me and many times brings me to a good long laugh!
(Trent) Holly and I enjoy doing very active things from rock climbing to hunting we will try it all. Something I really enjoy is competition. And I have decided to take it to a new level. I have signed up for a triathlon. Unfortunately for me I will be training through the holidays to get prepared. So I won't be able to enjoy all the food for the holidays. Instead I will be eating smart portions (with the help of Holly to keep me honest)! I thought it through and before I am ready for any Ironman events I figured I would start with short sprint triathlons this year. This St. Patrick's Day I will swim 300 meters, bike 11 miles, and run 3.1 miles. At first I thought it would be a pretty easy endeavor, but now that I have been training for a few weeks I realize I have my work cut out for me. Now I am getting serious about it cause there is no way I am finishing in the bottom of the pack! March 14, 2010 come join Holly cheer me on my first triathlon!
Glad your back to blogging! I have missed it!
ReplyDelete