
Today has been one busy day for us! This morning we went to church and then raced across the metroplex to sign a lease for our new home... Let me rewind for you.
I have agreed to take a long term substitute position in Plano. We decided it would be best for us to move in between Plano and Arlington... so we are going to be landing in Los Colinas. We found a "loft" that is on Lake Carolyn. It's a little over 1300 square feet, but a tiny bit smaller than our apartment now. It has real granite counters, a huge living room and super tall ceilings. We are on the 4th (top) floor, but it's not a problem because there is a parking garage (thank goodness because I am tired of lugging grocery bags up the stairs at our current apartment.). There are two pools, a workout facility and a walking path around the lake. The only bummer is we don't have a lake view... but I'm sure we will survive! We think the setting is really neat because it gives off a "downtown" feel. We are excited about it and we will be moving November 1. I think Trent and I are still in shock that we will be moving... AGAIN! Thus a new adventure will be beginning soon and hopefully our last move for awhile, but you never know...
(Trent) After realizing we had just signed a new lease for a new apartment, while we still are in the middle of our lease with our current apartment, we decided to celebrate with a relaxing walk at the Fort Worth Zoo. We have been wanting to go to the zoo since we moved to Fort Worth. We got there two hours before the close of the zoo; that must have been feeding time for the animals. Every animal was either at the feeding door with its backside toward us, pacing (or swimming) the cage drooling, or was sleeping. The only animals that weren't doing this were the elephants, a huge gorilla, and the lions. The elephants had a great attitude and while they weren't trying to lift a tree trunk, the were playing what we called trunk ball. Which came down to who could hit a ball with their trunk the farthest. The male gorilla was thinking really hard. When we walked up to the observation window he stared at us with the most annoyed look I had ever seen. I waved and smiled at him, but he looked all the more annoyed that we were interrupting his deep thoughts. The male lion was staring at everyone, or he might have been staring at the African deer behind everyone thinking about food. He looked huge, regal, and docile. The female lions or lioness we staring at us as well. But they looked mean or embarrassed that people were staring. The reason they weren't at the feeding door, we believe, is because they saw us as a more interesting meals!
As a married couple I learned a very important insight to my wife. One of the last exhibits we walked by was the snakes and bats exhibit. Holly didn't want to walk into snake area at all. I had to hold her hand as we walked around the snake areas. I have never seen her jump so high as when the audio of a rattle snake played over the loud speaker. I thought she had just been bit by a snake!
No comments:
Post a Comment