Friday, April 23, 2010

Trent's Birthday


Today is Trent's birthday!! It's been a pretty low-key day. I woke up early to make him waffles and we had waffles in bed. Then I invited him to come eat lunch with me at school and meet my kids. My kids had found out earlier in the week that Mr. Simmons' birthday was on Friday and they were so excited. They began to ask if he was going to come to school... so I put Trent on the spot and asked him to come.
All day my kids were EXCITED! We made him birthday cards and practiced singing songs for when he came. About 5 minutes before Trent came the kids started chanting, "Mr. Simmons, Mr. Simmons, Mr. Simmons." It was by far one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
They loved getting to meet Mr. Simmons! They asked him all kinds of questions about his name, his age and some even told him personal stories. When they asked about his name I told them to guess... here are a few of their guesses: Jose, Juan, Oscar. It was precious! They loved meeting him and can't wait for him to come back to school again!

No comments:

Post a Comment